
Philip drove us to the airport. We left just after 6pm expecting it would take at least 45 minutes to get to the airport but it only took about half an hour. It seems that traffic to the airport on Saturday evening is much better than at other times. What's more, the airport was almost deserted by comparison with the crowds you normally see there.
After checking in, we had dinner at a restaurant that we hadn't tried before - Volante if I remember correctly. Suzy looked at the duty free shops after we went through customs but didn't buy anything. She probably thinks that she'll do better in Hong Kong.
Our flight with Cathy Pacific left on time and landed on time in Hong Kong. Very efficient.
Cathy Pacific has a new type of seat. The seat is in a "capsule" so when you recline, it does so within the capsule and so it doesn't annoy the person behind you. However, the seat moves forward and so you end up with less leg room.
We watched a movie while we had supper. I watched Buckets List and Suzy watched The Other Boleyn Girl.
As usual, Suzy slept well. I got some sleep but I found it too cramped to get comfortable. It worked out well to get an overnight flight because we did get some sleep and we arrived in Hong Kong at about 5:30am with a full day ahead of us.
After checking in, we had dinner at a restaurant that we hadn't tried before - Volante if I remember correctly. Suzy looked at the duty free shops after we went through customs but didn't buy anything. She probably thinks that she'll do better in Hong Kong.
Our flight with Cathy Pacific left on time and landed on time in Hong Kong. Very efficient.
Cathy Pacific has a new type of seat. The seat is in a "capsule" so when you recline, it does so within the capsule and so it doesn't annoy the person behind you. However, the seat moves forward and so you end up with less leg room.
We watched a movie while we had supper. I watched Buckets List and Suzy watched The Other Boleyn Girl.
As usual, Suzy slept well. I got some sleep but I found it too cramped to get comfortable. It worked out well to get an overnight flight because we did get some sleep and we arrived in Hong Kong at about 5:30am with a full day ahead of us.
PS. The more astute of my loyal blog readers have probably already come to the conclusion that I didn't take the photo of the Cathy Pacific plane shown above. It's a promo photo that Cathay provide on their web site. The photos in subsequent blogs will be mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment